Spend $100 to get free shipping!
Laine Magazine Issue 17 Summer 2023
Laine Magazine Issue 17, aptly named Here Comes the Sun, feels like the first tender rays of sunshine after a long winter. The inspiring summer knits, together with the fun and quirky photo location (in one of the most beautiful homes in Finland) create a colorful, happy and relaxed mix with a subtle vintage feel.
Included in this issue:
- 11 knitting patterns (both charts and written instructions provided): 4 sweaters, 3 cardigans, 1 top, 2 shawls and 1 pair of socks
- Interview with the French designer and debut author Cinthia Vallet, known for her charming knitted animals, talks about her design process and the joy that toy-making can bring to adult knitters
- Article about an Australian sheep farmer who shepherds a flock of Finnsheep 15,000 kilometres from their homeland
- Jeanette Sloan’s Fibre Talk: a regular article on Jeanette chatting with interesting people and in this issue, she meets Lissy and Rudi Robinson-Cole, a couple making crochet art inspired by their Māori heritage
- Five Ways by regular writer Päivi Kankaro and in this issue, Päivi gathers experts’ tips on how you can start designing your own knitwear patterns
- Where I Knit: a regular piece that pictures people knitting in their favourite spot and in this issue, you'll meet a Finnish knitter who likes to knit in nature.
- Seasonal recipes to inspire your summer cooking: tomato confit, lemon fizz mocktail and almond pavlovas
- Book reviews
Featured designers: Julia Disini, Rastus Hsu, Elena Solier Jansà, Pauliina Leisti, Veronika Lindberg, Marie Régnier, Jacquline Rivera, Lene Tøsti, Maija Vasala, Pope Vergara, Thea Vesterby