This is beginning knitting class will start with casting on and learning the knit stitch then progresses through purling and binding off, working combinations stitches and reading patterns as we work towards completing a fingerless mitten. There will be homework that is to be completed between classes and some knitting time should be completed every day outside of class time.
No prior knitting skills are required.
- Churchmouse Classroom: Stitch-Sampler Handwarmers and Ribbed Scarf pattern (must be purchased prior to class)
- 110 yards of worsted weight yarn such as Shepherd's Wool in a light color
- US 8 straight or circular needles (mitts are knit flat and seamed together)
- Locking stitch marker or safety pin
- Darning needle with large eye
Class availability is subject to change without notice.
Email or call the store to confirm.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 800.482.9801